Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Part 1 :My own "Psychic Emergency"

My best friends and I co-Admin a help page for the layperson seeking help to Spiritual problems called "Psychic Emergency".
https://www.facebook.com/PsychicEmergency

On this page we post tips and articles on how folks can navigate and protect themselves in this world from the largely unseen world. My co -admin are from the Dharma tradition, (aka Buddhism), a Monk and a former Nun and I myself that is an initiate in the Afro Caribbean traditions of the Lucumi,  all of which have a large background in dealing with the unseen world. It is kinda like a 101 page for folks who may be experiencing scary things they don't know how to deal with. Hence the name. Although each of us have different skills such as mediumship, ability to read objects or things like Tarot cards, we don't give readings here.There are plenty of people who do that and do it well.  In short we help people who may have issues with Spirits,Ghost, Elementals, Demons, what have you that plague people. The articles we write are introductions to some of these abilities and how folks can protect themselves from such things.These services  are free of charge.

Before I joined the team, my mates have helped clear haunted houses, help people with attacks and various other things. I joined and it seemed our combined efforts really seemed to increase our sight. What is really neat is how our practices compliment each other and how similar they are in dealing with things of the seeming paranormal nature. In Buddhism , as in Ocha Lucumi aka "Santeria" ,dealing with Spirits and the like is a part of the norm.

Little did I know that we would need to pool our resources to help someone close to home and that person was my family.

I had hoped that my daughter, especially being a Capricorn, would be like other Capricorn's I have met (not knowing everyone, this is a generality, I know) but would be not given to flights of fancy or even be psychic. To some degree it is said that most children do have abilities, they are not filtered like we become as adults. One of my sisters is a Capricorn and I have envied that she is has a life that is not plagued by worries of things that go bump in the night. She is a regular, funny, focused person. A person who didn't grow up seeing visions of how family members died in acute detail or see Elementals invading their room or crib. She is a great Mum and works at a school. Classic in dress she makes khaki look good with an easy effortless style. In short , she is what I call "normal", the opposite of eccentric, "wild" and flashy me. When the chips are down and in some of my darkest and happiest moments she was there for me. From unknowingly helping me get myself together and take care of my injuries after a rape, (I didn't share all those details with her, just that I was bleeding) to being my Maid of Honour at my wedding, I was excited that my Daughter would be born around her Birthday and maybe be like her.

I do appreciate my life, and feel very blessed to have experienced the things I have , even though some were very painful. I hope that it will help others know they are not alone, or not do the things I did, or at least be a cautionary tale. I am lucky to be alive. It is hard to be sensitive and I admit that I wanted the easy life for my Daughter. But this last week was a wake up call that she too can see things others can not.

I am a advocate for attachment parenting, for reasons as simple as poverty and having a small dwelling. In our new home, much larger then our last due to rent in Kentucky being cheaper then the San Francisco Bay Area, our young one has her own room, but still sleeps with us at night. It made things like night feedings a lot easier and I was able to get a little more rest. I feel so lucky to have her in my life, it is swell to be able to cuddle my little one while we sleep.

Occasionally , as many parents experience , Infants and Toddlers seem to go on nap strikes. Luckily this isn't the norm for my little one, we have a little ritual of being able to turn on my fave channel on Pandora and wind down with Native American Flute Music by R. Carlos Nakai .  Sometimes a milestone is reached and no matter what I try she won't nap. With the lack of sleep babies can be prone to having Night Terrors.
If you have ever seen one, it is awful... they are not fully awake , screaming and arching their back they look like Linda Blair and you expect their heads to spin around and pea soup to projectile out of their mouths at any moment. No matter what you do it is hard to comfort them and you have to wait it out, this had happened and my I figured out what was up when she wouldn't respond to being held and bit me when I tried to nurse her, she was ravenously hungry and I picked her up to take her with me to the kitchen where I could find something a little more solid for her and let my husband know.

She had gone through this a few times before, usually around cutting a new tooth or a growth spurt. It would be scary for a little bit, but I also figured she needed a little snack before bedtime so that she had enough to carry her through the night. It would be something as simple as hunger, going to bed early then usual sometimes did it too. There was just something different about this night and I started to get scared. I called out to my hubby D to see if he could bring something back for her. He didn't respond so I figured he was on the back porch taking out the trash or in other bathroom.

The walk to the kitchen started to do the trick and she was calming down. I got a squeeze tube of food and sure enough , she was hungry, I thought maybe her stomach had woken her up. As she finished her snack and we started to walk back toward the bedroom she started to get upset again and then I saw something that was about 3 feet tall in a dark brown muslin robe walk into my bedroom. I blinked a couple times and thought it was my imagination , after all she woke me from a pretty deep sleep and it was a pretty mellow friendly dream.Nothing scary at all. Though my heart jumped I figured I was "seeing things". I kept hearing "grunty, grunty, grunty" in my head.

We walked into the bedroom and it started up again, the screaming , the arching back, but she was awake! I sat us on the bed and saw what I thought was this short dark figure dart into my bathroom, and noticed she was in fear and was reacting to what I thought was my tired eyes and imagination. She was trying to scoot as far away from that bathroom and whatever it was we saw there. Seconds later my husbands walks into the room and startles me and suddenly I start hysterically crying, both the baby and I doing that heaving sort of cry that either makes you hyperventilate or get the hiccups. He asked what is the matter and I said when I could catch my breath " I think saw something come into the room and could you burn some sage?"  Which he quickly did. It seemed to calm us down to where we were all able to lay back down to sleep , well all but me, I started to go over prayers in my head. As she started to calm down and my husbands started nod off into sleep , I was finally able to catch a little myself.

The next morning my daughter was bright and awake and not scared like she was the night before. I couldn't get it out of my head and while she was eating her morning cup of O shaped cereal I decided to check my messages and see if any of my friend were awake. I had just called my friend Tsering and her boyfriend said she was still asleep, knowing sleep is hard to come by decided to distract myself with facebook. On the thread a friend had posted this picture and sans the beak it looked like a dead ringer for my late night visitor! How odd was that? Perhaps it was a Bodach? But those old Scottish boogeymen only come after bad children and this was something a little more solid then a shadow. Maybe a Bendith (a Welsh elemental) coming to swap my child for one of it's own?

                                                                              © Johann Valentin Andree




Whatever it was it was not good and I went to my friends for help. I was actually surprised at my amount of fear,honestly. I had seen spirit possession, I have heard people , in front of me speak a foreign language that they did not know, and various other amazing occurrences, all while keeping my cool. Not to mention all of my night terrors as a child. But when it is your own child,  it is hard to keep your cool.

My friend called me back as soon as she awoke and I recounted my story from the night before. She knows my history and knows that I am not easily scared, like soldiers from a battle a good case of PTSD does that to you , saving the reactions till it is safe (if it ever is) and processing them later. In this case I was scared immediately and appreciated that she could go over this situation with me much like we do for the folks we help.

She mentioned different types of beings from different cultures that are attracted to kids and proceed to send me a couple amulets of the Red Tara that I could pin up in our sleeping room to combat this thing. I dutifully printed them out and was able to pin them to the wall above our bed. the image of the Red Tara gave me comfort in this form , she was sure to scare the heck out of any boogeymen!
                                      This is the image of the Red Tara in her protector form.
The amulet which was folded and placed behind the picture.
Her Mantra written in the hand of my friend's teacher: Garchen Rinpoche 


That evening the other Co-Admin did a practice for me to protect my family. That evening as we went to lay down, my room felt calm and Baby and Pa were able to fall asleep fairly quickly. I however kept my eye on the corner of the room where I could spy our uninvited guest scrunched in the upper corner of the room as if in recoil. It had fed off our fear and I was fighting back. I closed my eyes and behind my lids a form began to take shape it was of the amulet pictured above. It started to rotate and spin and I though I heard a human humming noise which I discerned  as a Mantra being intoned. This was sometime around 1 am. I feel asleep, feeling better.


Coming soon! Part 2:

Mr. "Grunty" visits my friends...what about my own protectors from the Lucumi faith? ...A gift for Mr. Grunty and what he taught me.

I did this in two parts to keep the length down and to be able to give our reader's something to read while I finish part 2 as it unfolds...







No comments:

Post a Comment